HGV Truck Driver Jobs in Ireland 2023: In the fall of 2021, the UK (including Northern Ireland) started giving out 5,000 temporary short-term visas to help with the lack of HGV/Truck drivers in the food and fuel industry. This plan also added a temporary HGV concession that lets HGV truck drivers from countries where they do not need a visa to ask for clearance at the border and work there. The UK government thought there was a lack of 100,000 drivers, according to the New York Times.
Since last year, the UK or Northern Ireland government has taken the job of HGV Truck Driver off the list of skilled work visa jobs. Still, there are some businesses that are ready to sponsor foreign truck drivers or at least help them get visas. Truck drivers get good pay, which is between €11 and €18 per hour, plus a lot of other perks. Continue reading to find out more:
Description of Truck Driver Jobs in Northern Ireland
|Posted on||14th August 2023|
|Education||Middle to Master|
|Last Date||On Going|
|Subscribe Channel||Click Here|
|Join WhatsApp||Click Here|
|Join Facebook Page||Click Here|
|Join Facebook Group||Click Here|
Requirements of HGV Truck Driver Jobs in Northern Ireland:
- Applicant must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Have a full car license.
- Get a professional driving qualification called the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
- Get a full driver CPC after undertaking 5 driving tests.
- Experience and knowledge about the local rules and driving a truck.
- No minimum education requirement by many employers. However, some may demand at least GCSES or any other equivalent.
- Candidate must speak fluent English. To get a skilled worker visa (in case your employer does not sponsor you) IELTS is a requirement.
- Experience requirements differ from one employer to another. However, it could be anything from seven months to five years.
- You must meet all visa requirements to become a truck driver/ HGV Truck driver. Click Here to Know More
How can I become a free HGV Driver in Northern Ireland and the UK?
You can choose one of the following ways to become an HGV driver: (a) Skilled Boot Camps (b) Apprenticeships (c) Vocational Courses (d) Driving School Courses. Skilled Boot Camp, a free study that lasts up to 16 weeks, is the best way to go. But you can take all of these classes in Northern Ireland and the UK. So, you have to be in the UK, through any visa, and stay on the path.
Benefits of HGV Truck Driver Jobs in Northern Ireland :
- There is no need for a high level of education.
- Attractive Salary Packages, such as between £11 and £15 per hour.
- Full-time job with the possibility of extra hours.
- The UK needs truck drivers so badly that there are a lot of job possibilities.
- Additional employee perks vary from employer to employer, such as free bus rides for the employee and his family, free uniforms, apprenticeship courses, Christmas courses, free parking, laundry service, etc.
- Some companies offer help with getting to and from work, such as bike-to-work programs or programs that help pay for bikes.
- Annual paid vacations and breaks are an important part of UK Labor Law.
- Almost every employer gives you a review of your salary and a business bonus every year.
Northern Ireland Truck Driver Visa Scheme: Online Application form
The UK Truck Driver Visa Scheme, which was first started in 2021 and is now called the UK Truck Driver Visa Scheme 2023, was renewed in 2023. It was started by Northern Ireland and the UK government’s Department of Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy to help fill the gap between the need for and supply of Truck drivers and Lorry drivers in the country’s food processing industry. Under this plan, the government of the UK said that it would give out 10,500 3-month work passes. The exact criteria for who can join this program and what kind of visa they need have not yet been released. But it is likely that the visas will be in the group T5 Temporary Worker.
How to Apply for HGV Truck Driver Jobs in Northern Ireland with visa sponsorship?
- If you click on the link below, you will be taken to the official job search site. Use the “Apply” button below the job description to send in your application.
- You can also use yourself to look for a job by using the search box and the area box to narrow down the results of your job search. Type your job title, such as “HGV Truck Driver for foreigners/with visa sponsorship”, “Truck Driver Jobs in Ireland/UK for Working Holiday Workers”, “Driver Jobs in Northern Ireland/UK for foreigners with visa sponsorship”, “Driver Jobs Food Processing Industry Ireland/UK for foreigners/Lorry Driver Jobs UK with visa sponsorship”.
- Select the Irish City you want in the location bar right below the search bar to narrow your search results and make them more accurate.
- It is best to keep your CV or resume and cover letter up to date with the latest market trends since your boss is likely to notice how they are laid out and presented.
- Look at the details of the job posting, such as the work description, requirements, duties, etc.
- Before you apply, make sure you meet all of the conditions. Carefully look at the job part and what it requires.
- Click the “Online Application” button below.
- Fill in the information asked for and send in the application.
- Check to see if you got a confirmation email for the job application you sent.
More Visa-sponsored truck driver jobs in the UK:
Click here to get more visa-sponsored truck driver jobs in various other sectors besides the HGV Truck Driver category: